Medical Joyworks LLC is a physician-led medical learning company committed to producing premier, evidence-based gamified learning apps, digital publications and custom education technologies for the healthcare sector worldwide.
MissionWe are reimagining the medical sector, developing the healthcare professionals and services essential to humanity’s well-being.
Foundation DateOctober 15th, 2010
Funding & InvestmentBootstrapped (self funded); member of Start-Up Chile Generation 2.2 (2012); and cash-flow positive since 2012
Nayana Somaratna & Sandaruwan Gunathilake
Nayana Somaratna, Co-Founder and CEO
Nayana is a physician, award-winning programmer and business leader. Born and raised in Sri Lanka; he is an avid world traveler and is most proud of being a serial tech entrepreneur, having founded 3 companies over the past 16 years.
Nayana is a gold and bronze medalist of the International Olympiad in Informatics (2001 and 2002 respectively); and holds MBBS and Bachelor of Information Technology (Honors) degrees. He is currently completing his Bachelor of Law degree while constantly traveling to discover the best kept cultural and culinary secrets Sri Lanka and the rest of South Asia have to offer.
Sandaruwan Gunathilake, Co-Founder and CTO
Sandaruwan is an award-winning programmer and business leader. Born and raised in Sri Lanka; he is an avid world traveler and a serial tech entrepreneur, having founded 3 companies over the past 16 years.
Sandaruwan is a two-time bronze medalist of the International Olympiad in Informatics (2004, 2006). Additionally, he holds a Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Information Technology, and is a daring poker player.
Miguel Angel Molina, COO
Miguel is a business executive with 20 years of operational and strategic management experience in aviation, digital/web, professional education, and startups. Born in Venezuela and raised in the United States; he enjoys sports, having competed in football (soccer) and rowing, and trained in martial arts for over a decade.
Miguel holds a S.M. in Engineering and a Bachelor of Science (Summa cum Laude) in Management. Additionally, he has lived and worked in Brazil, Canada, Chile, Germany, Singapore, Spain, the United States, and Venezuela; and enjoys hiking and photography.
Europe, Middle East & Asia (Head Office)
128 B, Stanley Thilakarathne Mw.
4023 Kennett Pike #55630
Wilmington, DE 19807
United States of America
Moneda 975, Piso 10
- Winner: Prognosis: Your Diagnosis, m-Environment and Health Award at the World Summit Awards, Abu Dhabi. (Feb 2013)
- Winner: Prognosis: Your Diagnosis, m-Health Category at the mBillionth Awards, South Asia. (July 2012)
- Award: Medical Joyworks, The CORFO Startup Chile Acceleration Program, Chile. (Jan. 2012)
- Top 5 App for Doctors Recognition: Prognosis: Your Diagnosis, The Royal College of Surgeons of England, U.K. (Jan. 2012)
- Finalist: Medical Joyworks, the Manthan Awards, India. (Dec. 2011)
- Winner: Prognosis: Your Diagnosis, the e-Swabhimani Awards, Sri Lanka. (Nov. 2011)
- Winner: Medical Joyworks, Seedcamp Ltd’s Mumbai event, South Asia. (Dec. 2011)
- 6,000,000+ downloads in 220 countries and territories
- 800+ medical learning modules released
- 421 medical conditions explored across 29 specialties
- 200 international editors contributing to our content
- 6 mobile and web properties for consumers (gaming apps)
- 5 language choices to choose from
- 4.5 of 5 average rating across all our gaming apps
Ms. Poornima Perera
128 B, Stanley Thilakarathne Mw.